October 28, 2022 @ 12:00 am - 9:00 am EDT
C&R Safety Training Solutions offers a half-day course on machine guarding. When machines are not properly guarded or locked out during maintenance, repair and other activities at industrial sector workplaces, workers can be exposed to several hazards. These hazards can result in serious injuries such as amputations of limbs or death. Hazards can include:
- Exposure to in-running nip hazards, i.e. getting caught up in machinery and moving parts if equipment is not properly guarded.
- Exposure to hazardous motion, such as rotating machine parts, if equipment is not properly locked and blocked during maintenance and repair.
- Basics of Machine Guarding
- Machine Guard Construction
- Machinery Maintenance and Repair
- Methods of Machine Safeguarding – Guards, Devices, Miscellaneous Aids, Restraints, Trip Controls